Wednesday, April 11, 2007

When you're not sure of who to call, apparently you call me.

I get at least one weird phone call per week. It's as if the person closes their eyes, points to a number in the phone book and dials our office.

Today it was a woman who recently relocated to Bloomington and needed a cardiologist. Ok, Social Work Education has really nothing to do with helping people pick a health care provider but I gave it a shot.

In the past people have mistaken us for the Sociology, Education, Admissions, Financial Aid and Business Departments. You'd think my friendly, "good morning/afternoon School of Social Work" would have tipped them off. It's a good thing that I've been here a bazillion years and I know when FAFSA's are due and how long it takes to be admitted.

And then there are the people that really need help and think we're working social workers and not educators. Those calls get passed on to Kathy. I'm more comfortable telling people when FAFSA's are due.

No comments: