Monday, April 2, 2007

Rome Season 2

My 5 stages of Rome grief:

I finally watched the last episode of Rome over the weekend. The episode had been sitting on my desktop all week begging me to watch but I just couldn't bring myself to accept that it was over.

Denial.

After watching it and crying through most of the episode, I was frustrated that Atia didn't have a real ending. The last shot we see of her is at Octavian's Triumph with tears in her eyes. And did Lucius die? It looked like he was close when he reconciled with his ingrate daughter, and Pullo told Octavian that he didn't make it. But...ok, I want a long drawn out death scene. I'm already balling at this point so let's have it.

Anger.

I'm not gonna bargain. I know that all the petitions being sent to HBO and the BBC are useless.

I was honesty inconsolable for about 2 minutes after the episode and had to seek refuge in all the Doctor Who episodes on youtube. But no more Pullo...is life worth living without Pullo?

Depression.

Rome was an amazing series and I loved every episode. There aren't many shows that I will say that about. Better for it to end now then drag out into 3 or 4 more low budget seasons.

Acceptance.

I heart Rome. 10/10

No comments: