Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Blender Dilemma


I use a blender almost daily to make Layne's nummy, nummy food. To date we've gone through a food processor, a hand mixer and two blenders. It's very easy to burn the motor's out - at least it's very easy for ME to burn the motors out. Of course I could be more careful, but when your mixing so much, it's easy to not know if the mix is too thick.

We lost our blender last week. It was a Hamilton Beach Wave that was similar to the picture. I spent a whole $20 last fall at Target and was pretty well pleased with it's performance. It made months worth of food for the Doodle and pureed pounds of vegetables and fruit. It had a long life.

So what now...

After a quick search, it seemed that Oster makes the superior blender. Now, if anyone wants to spend $200 on us this xmas and buy us an Oster Bar Blender, I will be more than happy to accept.

Instead I settled on this very shiny $40 blender at Bed, Bath, and Blah, Blah, Blah. ($40 means that it will last twice as long as a $20 blender, right?)

It has a glass pitcher - yay! And the shiny chrome is plastic. That's disappointing. It is a bit loud, but that's not something I'm concerned with. The pitcher is smaller than what I'm used to so I have to add more water after it's out of the blender. Over all, it's a fine little machine.

Oster Blender purchased 3/28/07, died.....

And apparently a drop to the floor does not break the glass pitcher. Bonus!

No comments: