Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Transformers

Sean loves the Transformers and many other 80's toys. Since he sat through the 300 with me, I thought I owed him this one.

What a load of ....

Ok, big robots destroy stuff is the basis of the movie. Shaia LaBeoff (I really can't stand him or his stupid name) "stars" in this. He's an awkward teen with many awkward moments. Of course conveniently enough the girl he spends his lonely nights fantasizing about follows him along on his adventure.

Really, I've experienced my quota of awkward teen moments in reality and in the movies/tv. I found myself hanging out in the bathroom until it got to the action.

Visually, the movie is pretty cool. There are some cute moments with Bumblebee and I would love a transforming car but I think Vera would be a hell of a lot meaner than Bumblebee. She is German after all.

There really is no message to the movie except come back for Transformers 2 and join the army. I found myself actually agreeing with the Christian review site. Weird isn't it? The hot girl really did show her girls a bit too much.

5/10

No comments: