Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pirates 3

So Sean emailed everyone on my behalf to demand that they go see Pirates 3 with me on my night off. He said basically that I didn't listen to critics - I liked bad movies - and that I would see anything with Johnny Depp - I am man hungry.

I really love Sean but I am concerned with his opinion of me.

Of course I did want to see Pirates 3 so we went. Thus my review. I'll avoid spoilers as Martika may not have seen it.

Two Words: over indulgent. Or is that one word?

I really, really, really enjoyed Jack's hallucinations. Less for the naughty implications and more for the amusement.

I disliked that I kept thinking that for the amount of money that was spent on this very long movie, we could buy Mt. Vernon or maybe cure cancer.

Captain Barbosa kicks ass. He suddenly became the greatest character.

I could really care less about Will and Elizabeth. The ending was a little too sappy. Sean could attest to my snorts and moans during those scenes. But it wasn't to the point of physical discomfort as say those scenes in Episode 2.

The Singapore scenes were cool. Setting wise, this was the best of the 3.

Keith Richards kind of scares me.

It's cute how they maintain the background characters in all three movies. And more of the minor people got more screen time in this one. (It was 3 hours long. )

Seriously, there is a pirate benetton.

Overall, the movie was ok. It was too long but not Titanic living hell long. And all those really apparent clever plot twists aren't that unpredictable so...it dragged. But I love the Captain Jack yet I am not man hungry.

7/10

1 comment:

Roll The Dice said...

I giggled at the suggestion that one could buy Mt. Vernon for the same price. ;-)

Thanks for the review - sorry I missed seeing it with y'all!