Monday, February 25, 2008

The Dark is Rising

I had to watch this because of Sean.

Last year Sean drug Jason to the movies to see this craptacular piece of film because Jonathan Jackson was it in. That's him in the upper left hand corner of the movie poster.

You would actually think he was in this movie because he's on the poster, but he's not. Jason had to sit through hours of poorly written dialog, b movie special effects, and boring plot points for nothing.

This was the worst movie I've seen in years and I happen to enjoy really bad movies. This wasn't enjoyable. Christopher Eccleston wasn't even enjoyable. I sincerely hope the book was better than this "movie".

You know if you're going to make a movie that's going to compete with the Harry Potter franchise, it should be original and mildly interesting. Not everyone has the same budget as the HP movies but the special effects were just poor for something coming out this century.

This movie was just bad. No one should see it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOO!!! I don't want the credit (blame) for this! I tried to warn you how bad it is! It's got the invisible man from Heroes, Ruth Fisher from Six Feet Under, and that dude from Deadwood. You'd think there would be something decent about it. But no. And that damn director (or those damn producers) cut Jonathan Jackson's role out completely!!! NO reason for anyone to watch this!

Anyways, I'm sorry you suffered through it. I know you can't un-fry things, and you'll never get that hour-and-a-half of your life back. And I paid full price to see it in a theater, so imagine how bitter that makes me! :(

Jen said...

I don't blame you for it. I wanted to see how *bad* it was. Damn, that was Ruth Fisher? I didn't even notice! :)

If they spent a little more on special effects, didn't edit the crap out of it, and maybe stayed truer to the book, it would have been decent.

I read that the Jonathan Jackson character made the book and would have brought the darkness that would have made the movie tolerable. SUPPOSEDLY he's in the deleted scenes in the dvd release.

It was only an hour and a half? It felt more like three hours.